Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Monday = Funday!

Jambo, rafiki! (Hello, friend!)

After a long weekend, we had a day of rest where we got to sleep in and take some time to reflect. It was great to be able to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful view from the ENT House. For me, I was so thankful that I had time to contemplate on what we've seen and experienced here in Kenya. Psalm 136 was a comfort to my heart in the midst of all that we have been going through. Seeing all of the poverty and suffering that people were going through was really hard because I felt helpless. I wanted to go in and fix everything even though I knew that I couldn't but Psalm 136 reminded me of the fact that God's love is steadfast and eternal through ALL circumstances and that He is at work here. 

In the afternoon, after lunch, we had a chance to visit Rift Valley Academy. Most of the students there were foreigners so that was interesting to see. The campus is beautiful, and Esther was gracious enough to give us a tour. Apparently, she used to work there as well as Isaac and now her children attend the school. 

Rift Valley Academy

I would totally send my kids here.

 We didn't really know exactly where we were going, which everyone was okay with as long as "the fun factor is high" as our fearless leader says. They brought us to Sun Hotel, a beautiful resort with wild animals hanging out in the backyard. We had an opportunity to feed monkeys, roar at hippos and see one giraffe from afar. After all of this exciting fun, we had chai time. The sunset was breathtaking and a glimpse of how beautiful our Creator is. We prayed together and thanked God for this day of rest. 



Posing in front of Lake Naivasha. The hippos chose to not join us.



Skunk + Monkey = Him


The Beautiful Sunset!

I have never been on a mission trip where we actually took time to sit and have alone time with the Lord to reflect on what's been going on. The Lord knew that this was exactly what I needed. I am so thankful for how He knows who I am and where I am at. God is the best.

Love and miss you all,
Jessica

1 comment:

  1. The sunset is phenomenal! Behold the beauty of God's creation! I hope to see Kenya one day. Until then, thanks for allowing me to experience it through you. We sure do miss you at work. See you soon. Ann

    ReplyDelete